Contact me today to find out how I can help you start your adventure to Learn to Fly!

Live the Dream...Learn to Fly 

Skytrekker Aviation

If you are a Foreign born, non US citizen you can Learn to Fly and become a Private Pilot. Simply follow the instructions below to apply with TSA.

You can still learn to fly in the US if you are a citizen of another country, but you must receive approval first from TSA - Transportation Security Authority.  If you want to do an Introductory Flight, you can do that without contacting TSA.  Just go to the "Contact" page and send me an email to schedule it.

You will need TSA approval for a Private Pilot license, Sport Pilot License, Instrument Rating, or Multi-engine Rating.  The process can take as little as a week, but usually no more than 2-3 weeks if you follow up with all of the instructions.

Go to AOPA's Guide to TSA's Alien Flight Training/Citizenship Validation Rule webpage  for an explanation of the process.

Or, you can go directly to the TSA website here:  Alien Flight Training Program (AFSP)          

Here is the information you will need when you fill out the TSA forms:

Category: 3

Provider:  Susan Ballew

Course Identification:  Number 101 (Private Pilot), or 102 (Instrument Pilot)

Course Name: Private Pilot, Instrument Rating

Aircraft type:  Cessna 172 or Cessna 162

Start date:  1-4 weeks after you initiate the application

​End date:  One year after your start date (you can renew at the end of a year if needed)

Once submitted, I will receive a copy of all emails.

You will have to submit all identifying documentation, pay a fee, and when approved will get instructions for fingerprinting.

And that's it.  You are then ready to schedule your flying lessons and begin training.

Contact me today to begin the process and Learn to Fly.

Foreign (Non-US) Citizens become a Pilot in the US